Monday, September 26, 2022

A note from Chester Combs

 Dearest Jan,

   I trust the information I received from Tom & Barbara is indicative of a long & good forecast & trend. They advised that your health is still good. Use the time that God gives us to love your family & enjoy the time you spend with them.
   Let me express my gratitude to all my classmates who imparted their kindness & pleasant thoughts to me during my years as a student at CHS. My many memories are truly good ones. I formed many friendships with people in Ozark, Enterprise & Daleville. I was blessed by the good cheer & friendliness of the great people of Alabama. I graciously thank all of them.
   In many years of military life & law enforcement I developed the habit of initialing the reports of those I supervised. Habits once formed stay with me. I shall endeavor to be mindful of this & correct it in the future.
   I was sad when I read the list of deceased classmates. Happy thoughts returned when I read the list of the remaining classmates. I will ask the good lord in heaven that he continue to bless those who remain here on earth. I do regret that circumstances do not allow me to attend these reunions. Maybe some day!
   Gods blessing to & for all.

Your permanent friend now & always,
   Chester D, Combs

P.S. Please forgive any spelling errors & my slowness to respond. I am not exemplary with computers at all. Typing is still by the hunt & peck method. Many days go by without me checking this inf___al device .