Thursday, December 22, 2022

From Chester Combs

 To all those who touched my heart - shared their thoughts with me years ago or simply called me classmate or friend:

   At his time of special feeling - allow me to thank all of you for  
the impact that you had on each of us, our small world & the rest of the people who made our day better. Please be of good cheer - enjoy the time with your families & thank God for his blessings granted to us. I am not a theologian, but I do have a huge amount of gratitude for God & his son Jesus Christ. It works real well for me. Reach out - it does not hurt. Remember that this special day started with the birth of a wonderful child.

   I read more sad notes & my heart hurts. In my many years in law enforcement, I came across many people who were hurt, lonely & sometimes suicidal at this time of year. I choose not to dwell on these thoughts. I do say that you can always find someone to share the holidays with & to think of the good times we all shared with others.
   As for me, I was fortunate to receive a visit from Barbara & Tom Adams this year. They told me about the lives of some. Gratitude touched my thoughts again. To recall fond times & great memories was terrific. I was elated & felt blessed by their visit. I wish such good feelings for all who are still with us. I was also able to read about some of our classmates. It was a sad moment in time. It was also a moment of reconnect. I will direct my thoughts to happy times & venture ahead. Please do the same.
   So give your spouse, children & grandchildren a huge hug & take a moment to tell them how much they mean to you & how much they are loved. I look forward to the day when I can attend a reunion & hear stories of how well you impacted our world & the lives of others. Be of good cheer.
   Be safe & make the 25th a great day for your family.
   Chester Combs

P.S. A little note of illustration. Years ago I came in contact with a family of four (M-F-S-D). Mother & father had become addicted to drugs & lost everything.We arranged for food & lodging for a couple of nights along with the return of their vehicle to them. It had been towed away. The mothers family had contacted me & I was able to provide a lead with the result that mother & the children received needed help & a loving home with the grandchildren cared for once again. I got a call from the grand parents & was happy to hear of the blessed return for an almost lost family. My heart was again ecstatic with good feeling. You see - I got the call on a snowy Christmas eve.
   God Bless You All.